SLEEK HAIR MAINTENANCE GUIDE
Hair extensions require a little more care and nourishment than your natural hair! To keep them in the best possible condition please read the following tips and you will always have beautiful long-lasting hair.
- Always use a Salon grade Sulphate and Paraben Free shampoo and conditioner with moisturizing ingredients. Do not use any repair products that contain protein or keratin treatments as they will deteriorate your extensions.
- Lather shampoo on own scalp rather than on extensions. Smooth conditioner over the extensions.
- Extensions require maintenance ‘tightenings’ every 4-6 weeks (depending on your hair type) to keep the natural hair safe, damage free and manageable.
- Dry hair gently with hairdryer on low-medium heat, until 90% dry, then use a tension free brush to smooth blowdry to a sleek finish.
- Tie your hair into a low plait before bedtime, preferably with a soft scrunchie that won’t pull your hair. Silk Pillowcases are also beneficial as they keep your hair soft, moisturized and tangle free!
- Do not bleach hair extensions, Semi permanent can be used to tone darker or similar shade only.
- Do NOT sleep with wet hair.
- Brush hair daily with recommended hair extension brush and add serum to keep the hair hydrated.
- Hair extensions are applied using 100% human hair, therefore you can use styling tools as you do on your own hair. However, it is advised to use tools that have a low-medium heat control button. Most importantly, always use a Heat Protect spray prior to using heat styling tools.
- Rinse hair after swimming in chlorine or salt water. Ideally we recommend to keep them out of water completely in a high top knot/ponytail is best.
- Following application wear the extensions in a low pony tail and low styles only for the rest week.